08 August, 2008

Accordion News

It's amazing what you find out once you start talking about different topics of conversation with people.

I just found out that my former stepfather has an old piano accordion gathering dust at his place. It used to belong to his father, who I never had the privilege to meet. It is funny how you can grow up in the same house as someone and never know so many things about them. Whenever I talk to him on the phone, we talk about a huge range of topics for a couple of hours, and still there are stories I've never heard before - and this guy has never even had a passport.

Still, back on topic. The accordion should arrive in a couple of weeks. Mum was going to ship me a few things anyway, so I've asked if she can ship that too.

He says it's a German accordion, but may have some cracks in the bellows, so I don't have any expectations of it being playable. I'll see what I can do to bring a little life back into it, though, and give it a more reverent place than under a bed!

1 comment:

Tiia said...

I want to see this accordion when it arrives! It's great that your first accordian will be one passed down from family and not just a random one bought in some random accordion shop in Kallio ;))) Though if it isn't playable then we'll pop down to the accordion shop anyway!

funny, I was just browsing through random blogs when I came across this post:
http://thesnailandthecyclops.blogspot.com/2008/07/accordions.html

and I immediately thought about you and thought I'd share the link.. lucky me I get to pass on the link in a comment under a brand new post about accordions! =)